The Better Government Association’s investigation into the history of corruption, broken promises and costly disappointments at O’Hare International Airport has spurred an array of reactions, opinions and conversations about Chicago’s biggest airport. How did we get here? How do we avoid making the mistakes of the past? Click on the links below to read or listen to the reaction to our series.
- Following our investigation, the Chicago Tribune editorial board asked if Mayor Lori Lightfoot will be able to dislodge corruption in overseeing the $8.5 billion renovation at O’Hare.
Read the editorial “Can Mayor Lightfoot Shake Out the Clout at O’Hare?”
- Reporter Alejandra Cancino spoke about the investigation on WBEZ’s “Morning Shift” program.
Listen at WBEZ.org.
- Cancino and editor John Chase also joined the Chicago Tribune’s Rick Pearson on his WGN-AM show “The Sunday Spin” to discuss the story.
Listen at WGNRadio.com.
- Cancino also appeared on ABC 7 as part of the BGA’s “Weekend Watch” segment.
Watch on ABC7Chicago.com.
- Cancino was a guest on “The John Howell Show” on WLS-AM 890.
Listen at WLSam.com.
- Cancino also joined Joan Esposito’s “Live, Local & Progressive” show on WCPT-AM 820 AM.
Listen on SoundCloud.